BL 550 BASIC LOADER
The Dillon BL 550 is the basic version of the RL 550B reloading machine. Instead of having the automatic powder measure and priming systems included with the RL 550 model, the BL 550 offers a funnel system so weighed powder charges may be poured into the case without removing it from the shellplate. Primers are set into the primer seating arm by hand. The BL 550 will accommodate the widest variety of cartridges, from 32 ACP up through 338 Lapua, 416 Rigby and 460 Weatherby.
Machine shown with dies and a caliber conversion kit, which are sold separately
HOW IT WORKS
Reloading with Dillon’s BL 550 is EASY as (Station) 1-2-3-4!
Most shooters realize that reloading is the most economical way to enjoy their sport, but many shooters are unaware of just how simple it is to reload. In fact, Dillon’s BL 550 is one of the simplest reloading machines to learn to operate. The BL 550 enables you to complete all of the steps in the reloading process, one step at a time, without having to change, and then re-adjust, dies for each operation like you must with an old-fashioned single-station press. Skeptical? Follow me through the reloading process.
- Place an empty cartridge case into the RL 550B’s shellplate at Station One. Lower the operating handle. The BL 550 will deprime and resize the case. While the platform is in the “up” position, set a primer into the primer-seating arm. Raise the operating handle, and push it forward to seat the primer into the case.
- Advance the index sprocket with your thumb and lower the operating handle. At Station Two, pour your powder charge into the case. Raise the operating handle and advance the index sprocket with your thumb.
- At Station Three, place a bullet on the powder-charged cartridge case and lower the operating handle. This will seat the bullet into the case. (NOTE: with some manufacturers die sets, it may crimp the bullet in place as well.) Raise the operating handle and advance the index sprocket with your thumb.
- At Station Four you may use a separate crimp die (most Dillon die sets incorporate a separate crimp die to facilitate easier die adjustment) or simply advance the shellplate with your thumb and remove the loaded cartridge from the shellplate at Station One.
Of all the steps in reloading, the adjustment of the reloading dies is the most critical. With the Dillon BL 550’s removable toolhead, your dies will stay in perfect adjustment. There’s no need to screw them in and out even when changing calibers! The BL 550 functions perfectly with any standard 7/8” x 14 die set. There’s less to go wrong, less to remember.
Rifle and Pistol
The Dillon BL 550 will produce match-quality ammo for over 160 different rifle and pistol calibers.
The BL550 uses the RL550B caliber conversion kits. You must order a caliber conversion kit separately. Order caliber conversion kits HERE The BL 550 includes:
You will also need (at a minimum):
- The basic Machine
- A written instruction manual